The Georgia Association of REALTORS®’ (GAR) Disaster Relief Fund is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that was established to assist Georgia REALTORS® who have lost their home, their office, their ability to pay for their home and/or their livelihood through a natural disaster. Since 2008, more than $100,000 has been distributed to REALTORS® across the state who met the criteria for fund disbursement.
The GAR Disaster Relief Fund has already contributed to several of the association members (REALTORS® and affiliates) that suffered catastrophic occurrences that left them with a financial burden. Amount of assistance varies. Some of the areas of assistance include:
* Financial assistance for REALTORS® in west and southwest Georgia affected by tornadoes in Spring 2006
* Financial assistance for GAR members affected by the 2009 floods in northern Georgia
* Financial assistance for GAR members in northwest Georgia affected by tornadoes in Spring 2010
Applicants for aid from the Disaster Relief Fund must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicant must be a current dues-paying member of GAR.
2. Applicant must have suffered damaged to their personal residence or business, located in Georgia.
Please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to the GAR Disaster Relief Fund!