The Professional Development Committee shall oversee the delivery of education courses to fulfill the practical educational needs of the membership. These presentations shall be made in various Regions of the Georgia Association of REALTORS® through the Partners in Education Program to afford easiest access to the greatest number of members as well as at the Inaugural Meeting and the Annual Convention and Trade Expo, online, and through other methods of delivery. The subject matter shall also encourage additional educational pursuit (such as designation courses).
Number on Committee: Twenty-six
Chairman: Appointed by the President
Vice Chairman: Appointed by the President-Elect
Makeup: Twenty-six At-large members including at least one member who holds the Graduate REALTOR® Institute (GRI) designation, at least one member who holds the Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) designation, at least one member who holds the Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager (CRB) designation, or other management designation or certification, at least one member who holds the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation or is a representative from the commercial brokerage community, and at least one member who holds the Leadership Training Graduate (LTG)/Performance Management Network (PMN) designation. If representatives from the above categories are not available, substitutions may be made from the general membership. The President, the President-elect, the Chairman of the Course and Instructor Development Committee and the Vice Chairman of the Convention Committee are ex-officio members.
Restrictions: Except for those members who serve by virtue of office, no more than nine members may be instructors licensed by the Georgia Real Estate Commission.
Except for those members who serve by virtue of office, no more than two members may be from the same primary Member Board.
Except for those members who serve by virtue of office, no more than four members may be from the same Region.
Term: Two years (staggered)
Reporting: Vice President of Professional Development, Executive Committee, Board of Directors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shall coordinate education at the Inaugural Meeting and the Annual Convention and Trade Expo, through the Partners in Education Program, online, or any other methods of delivery
- Shall plan Inaugural Meeting and Annual Convention and Trade Expo education, including the opening session speakers and any other education sessions (which may or may not include continuing education credit) within convention budget and convention tentative schedule of events. Speakers/Classes to be confirmed by written report and provided to the Chairman of the Convention Committee no less than six months prior to each meeting or convention
- Shall provide the facilitators at all education courses at the Inaugural Meeting and the Annual Convention and Trade Expo. Facilitators for all Continuing Education courses offered through the Partners in Education Program shall be provided by the sponsor
- Shall be responsible for Georgia Association of REALTORS® school #271 licensed by the Georgia Real Estate Commission
- Shall act as a continuing review committee for all Georgia Association of REALTORS® professional development courses offered at conventions and meetings, through the Partners in Education Program, online, or any other methods of delivery, and the instructors of those courses
- Shall complete Georgia Association of REALTORS® facilitator training
- The Vice Chair or representative designated by the Chair shall serve as an ex-officio member of the Convention Committee and the Technology Committee
- The Vice Chair shall attend the Professional Development Committee meeting and Professional Development Forum during the annual REALTORS® Conference and Expo
- Shall at the discretion of the committee, adjust the time frames noted in the Course Cancellation Policy annually.
- All requests for funds are to be channeled through the Finance Committee for inclusion in its report to the Executive Committee as to the budgeting impact of such funds requests
- Shall perform such other duties as directed by the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee or the President