Understand the steps to global success.
To earn your CIPS Designation, you will need to complete the following steps. Join the CIPS Network
as soon as you complete the "Global Real Estate: Local Markets" course, and start globalizing your business as you work to attain your designation.
Step 1: Education
You must successfully complete the 2 core courses and 3 out of 5 elective courses (outlined below), and pass the multiple-choice examination given at the end of each course. To pass an exam, you must earn a 70% or better. Calculators are required for all courses.
Step 2: Designation Application
- Core Course: Global Real Estate: Local Markets (1 day) is a required prerequisite to the other courses.
- Global Real Estate: Transaction Tools (1 day) is a required course.
- Europe & International Real Estate (1 day)
- Asia/Pacific & International Real Estate (1 day)
- The Americas & International Real Estate (1 day)
- The Middle East and Africa & International Real Estate (1 day)
- At Home With Diversity (1 day)
In addition to completing 5 CIPS courses, you must submit a designation application demonstrating your experience in international real estate. This application requires that you earn 100 points in elective credits. Elective credits can be earned by speaking other languages, possessing additional NAR designations, attending international conferences and education sessions, and international transactions in which you will be asked to answer specific questions regarding the sales of each transaction. Transactions must involve other cultures or countries, and can include sales in your local market.
to visit NAR's CIPS web page for more information and to apply for the designation.